2015 Alameda County Spelling Bee Results
Elementary (Grades 4-6) Winners
On March 14, 2015, 35 students from 29 schools across 9 Alameda County districts competed in the Ninth Annual Alameda County Elementary Spelling Bee. The top two will advance to the state competition, and will represent Alameda County at the California State Elementary Spelling Bee Championship.
- 1st Place - Anisha Rao, 4th Grade, Kolb Elementary School, Dublin USD
- 2nd Place - Samantha Lawver, 6th Grade, Canyon Middle School, Castro Valley USD
- 3rd Place - Owen Jung, 5th Grade, Chabot Elementary School, Oakland USD
- 4th Place - Abinayaa Murugupandiyan, 5th Grade, Ardenwood Elementary School, Fremont USD
Junior High (Grades 7-9) Winners
On March 14, 2015, 14 students from 10 schools across 6 Alameda County school districts competed in the Eighth Annual Alameda County Junior High Spelling Bee. The top two will advance to the state competition, and will represent Alameda County at the Junior High State Spelling Bee Championship.
- 1st Place - Sarah Herz, 8th Grade, Hillcrest School, Oakland USD
- 2nd Place - Pragadeeshwar Dakshinamurthi, 8th Grade, Fallon Middle School, Dublin USD
- 3rd Place - Alexander Low, 7th Grade, Canyon Middle School, Castro Valley USD
- 4th Place - Rafe Wharton, 7th Grade, Wells Middle School, Dublin USD
Congratulations to all of our winners!
You can read the official press release here.
2016 Spelling Bee
The next spelling bee will take place early next year in 2016. The top two Elementary competitors and the top two Junior High competitors will move on to the state finals. All public school districts are invited to send their students to the county wide championship. Entry forms are linked below. Please note that only the designated district coordinator may register students; forms sent by members of the general public (or by teachers not approved by the district coordinator) will not be processed. Forms and payment are both due (usually) two weeks before the competition date.
Save the Date Flyer will be posted here.
Spelling Bee Rules will be posted here.
Registration Form - Elementary will be posted here.
Registration Form - Junior High will be posted here.
Please mail checks and money orders along with entry forms to:
Alameda County Office of Education
Attn: Michael Lee, Spelling Bee
313 W. Winton Avenue, Room 275
Hayward, CA 94544-1136
Purchase Orders (along with entry forms) may be e-mailed or faxed to:
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Lee at (510) 670-4254.
- About Educational Services
- Staff Directory
- Programs and Services
- Administrator Support
- After School Programs
- Arts-Visual and Performing
- Categorical Programs Support
- Energy Efficiency
- English Language Learners
- Health and Nutrition
- History/Social Science
- Native American Education (Title VII)
- Physical Education
- Research Assessment Accountability Partners
- School Improvement/ Intervention
- School Safety
- Teacher Support
- Youth Development at ACOE
- Connected Educator Month
- Connected Learning
- Core Learning
- Integrated Learning
- Instructional Technology Services
- Training and Professional Development