Common Core State Standards
in Mathematics Resources
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- SMARTER Balance Assessment Consortium
- Achieve the Core:This site is here to provide free, high-quality resources to educators now doing the hard work of implementing these higher standards. Student Achievement Partners has launched a major new initiative to help with the implementation of the CCSS in both Mathematics and English Language Arts. This website already has some good resources, and no doubt will grow. Student Achievement Partners is a non-profit whose founding partners are David Coleman and Sue Pimentel, two of the lead writers for the ELA, and Jason Zimba, one of the lead writers for Mathematics. The other two lead writers for Mathematics, Bill McCallum and Phil Daro, are advisors for the project.
Adolescent Literacy Toolkit: CCSSO’s Adolescent Literacy Toolkit was developed by the Council and multiple partners in response to a state-identified need to develop the skills, knowledge, and resources of content-area high school teachers to implement adolescent literacy best practices and strategies in their classrooms.
The toolkit includes resources for both states and teachers and has the following purposes:
To help teachers understand the value of integrating literacy best practices and instructional strategies into content-area instruction.
To provide teachers with useful resources to help them integrate literacy best practices and instructional strategies into content-area instruction.
To provide resources to states for literacy professional development conducted at the state level.
- The Illustrative Mathematics Project: The Illustrative Mathematics Project will provide guidance to states, assessment consortia, testing companies, and curriculum developers by illustrating the range and types of mathematical work that students will experience in a faithful implementation of the Common Core State Standards, and by publishing other tools that support implementation of the standards.
The Mathematics Common Core Toolbox: This site is a resource designed to support districts working to meet the challenge and the opportunity of the new standards. Here you will find tools and instructional materials that help you to better understand and to implement the CCSSM. It has been created through a collaboration of the Charles A. Dana Center at the University of Texas at Austin and Agile Mind with partial funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Some of the included materials have been adapted from the efforts of researchers and practitioners. Other materials on the site have been contributed by the Dana Center or Agile Mind—or the organizations jointly—and were developed with the collaboration of educators throughout the United States as part of a system of programs intended to enable every student to have the opportunity to succeed in learning a challenging mathematics curriculum, supported by a teacher who has access to the most promising practices in instruction and formative assessment.
Tools for the Common Core: Updates and reports on projects that the authors of the CCSS are involved in to support the implementation of the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics.
- About Educational Services
- Staff Directory
- Programs and Services
- Administrator Support
- After School Programs
- Arts-Visual and Performing
- Categorical Programs Support
- Energy Efficiency
- English Language Learners
- Health and Nutrition
- History/Social Science
- Native American Education (Title VII)
- Physical Education
- Research Assessment Accountability Partners
- School Improvement/ Intervention
- School Safety
- Teacher Support
- Youth Development at ACOE
- Connected Educator Month
- Connected Learning
- Core Learning
- Integrated Learning
- Instructional Technology Services
- Training and Professional Development
Professional Expert, Mathematics,