Amador Valley High School Wins Alameda County Mock Trial Competition
Friday, March 02, 2007
OAKLAND â€“ Amador Valley High School clinched the Alameda County Mock Trial competition with its strong closing arguments, beating Granada High School and earning the chance to represent the county at the state competition.
Amador earned 426 points while Granada had 408 points. The lawyers who volunteered to score the teams had each school relatively close in many areas such as cross examinations, but it was the closing arguments that sealed the win for Amador.
"The victory by Amador Valley High School is a reflection of all the hard work and dedication that students, sponsoring teachers and attorney coaches put into preparing for this year's competition," said Alameda County Schools Superintendent Sheila Jordan. "Praise must also be reserved for our partners in the legal community who devoted their time to support this annual competition."
Alameda County Superior Court Presiding Judge George Hernandez, who presided over the finals on March 1, spoke of how â€“ in 12 years on the bench â€“ he has rarely seen attorneys as prepared as those arguing before him.
A reception for all teams will be held Tuesday, March 6, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at the Alameda County Office of Education, 313 W. Winton Ave. in Hayward.
Amador will represent Alameda County at the state competition that will be held March 23-25 in Oakland. The state competition will be hosted by the Alameda County Office of Education.
- Board of Education
- About ACOE
- ACOE Goals
- ACOE Budget
- Contact Us
- Computer Center Planned Outage
- 2010 Teachers of the Year
- ACOE IN-KIND SPONSOR FOR WOMEN'S INITIATIVE
- Adopt a school
- Alameda County Board of Education Reorganization Results
- Art Is Education
- Arts Education
- Band Festival RESCHEDULED
- Board of Education Policy and Education Committee Agenda, June 6, 2012
- Broken Hearts
- Butler Fund
- Cesar Chavez Day Press Conference Follow-up
- Credential Fair for Prospective Teachers
- Education for Change at Cox Elementary Charter - Renewal Petition Appeal
- Fruitvale Academy
- History is Happening - Don't Let Your Students Miss It!
- Holiday Followup
- Latino Education
- Mock Election
- Mock Trial
- NCLB Update
- National Arts Education Week
- National Arts in Education Week
- New JJC
- Notice of 2008/09 Budget Inspection and Public Hearing Date
- Notice of 2009/10 Budget Inspection and Public Hearing Date
- Notice of Public Hearing
- Opposition to Budget Cuts
- Resources For Green-Collar Job Training Seekers
- SJ Senate Hearing
- San Lorenzo USD Recognized as a Model SARB
- Spelling Bee
- Spelling Bee
- Teacher of the Year
- ToY 07-08
- Too Much to Carry: Don't Balance the Budget on the Backs of our Children!
- Women Recognized
- Directions to ACOE
- Oversight Responsibilities
- Parent Resources
- State & Regional Programs
- Communications and Public Affairs
- County Superintendent
- Districts and Schools
- Staff Directory
- Training and Professional Development
- Williams Legislation
Director of Communications
and Public Affairs
Public Information Officer
Parent and Community Engagement Specialist
Digital Content Producer
Social Media Channels