Infant and Family Support Program
A parent's relationship with his or her child is the most important factor in supporting development. Early intervention specialists partner with a family to promote its child's development and learning in everyday activities within their family and community.
The Infant & Family support Program staff will support each family to:
- Explore ways to play and interact to promote their child's development.
- Discuss issues relevant to their concerns, priorities and resources.
- Connect with other families of children with special needs.
- Incorporate learning opportunities into daily routines and activities.
- connect with other services.
The Infant & Family Support program offers services to infants and toddlers with special needs and their families at no cost to families. As part of California Early Start, Education Services include:
- Home Program for Infants and Toddlers
- Consultant Services for Infants and Toddlers
- Family Support Services
Services are available to children from birth to 3 years old who are showing significant delay in at least one area of development or have a condition with a known probability of causing a disability or delay.
Infant & Family Support Program
Serves children and families of Alameda County with four regional offices in Dublin, Hayward, Oakland and Berkeley.
Berkeley, Alameda, Albany, Emeryville and surrounding area
Alameda, Oakland and Surrounding Area
Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton and surrounding areas
Hayward, San Leandro, Castro Valley, Fremont and surrounding area
510-723-3857, ext. 34302