Alameda District Home Alameda County Office of Education Calendar
  • Interdistrict Transfer Appeals

    One of the duties of the ACOE and the Alameda County Board of Education is to handle the appeals process for parents and guardians who seek to transfer their child to a different school district.

    If you want to transfer your child to a school outside of your designated school district (outside the city in which you live), you must first request an inter-district transfer form from your current school district. If your request is denied, you may appeal to the district directly (follow the appeal guidelines provided by the district that denied the request).

    If your appeal has been denied at the district level, you can request an opportunity to appeal the decision to the Alameda County Board of Education.

    County Appeal Process

    The board may only consider an appeal after all administrative remedies at the district level have been exhausted.

    Printed versions of the handbook and related forms are available at the Alameda County Office of Education, 313 W. Winton Ave. in Hayward. If you have questions or need assistance, contact ACOE's Community and Legal Liaison, Melinda Montrose, at (510) 670-4225 or