A charter school is a public school that may provide instruction in grades kindergarten through 12, created and organized by community leaders or community-based organizations, a group of parents, or teachers. Charters can be authorized by a local school district board, county board of education, or the state board of education.
Our department provides oversight and support to the ACOE authorized charter schools in addition to annual renewals and petition appeals.
- ACOE Authorized Charter Schools Policies & Procedures Manual 2021-2022
- ACOE Authorized Charter Schools Annual Report (June 2021)
- Roster of Charter Schools in Alameda County 2021-2022
- Charter Schools in Alameda County (California Department of Education)
- U.S. Department of Education Charter Schools Home Page
Contact Charter School Staff
Chief of Accountability Services
Acting Director I, District and School Support
Scott Figgins, M.Ed.
Director I, Analytics
Program Manager, Research & Evaluation
Program Manager, District & School Support
Project Director, Data
Project Director, Accountability Partnerships
School Performance Framework