Our literacy team provides professional development opportunities to educators across the county to ensure that students attain high levels of literacy achievement across content areas.
Classroom Strategies for Rigor
- Utilize research-based thinking models and language & literacy strategies to promote student learning and engagement.
- Develop the conditions for academic conversations in classrooms.
- Create classrooms that meaningfully integrate technology to support student college and career readiness.
Instructional Supports for Content Standards
- Develop a Scope and Sequence aligned to the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy.
- Develop depth of knowledge about literacy standards through unit design utilizing research-based instructional frameworks.
- Develop performance tasks for each unit in the Scope and Sequence.
Building Coherence Across Grade Level Teams
- Build coherence across grade level & content teams.
- Build capacity of teacher leaders to drive the discussion about the progression of literacy development across grade levels and content.
- Develop a deep understanding of formative and summative assessments.