The Core Learning Department at the ACOE has strengthened the foundation and provides support in building, expanding, and implementing an interconnected early learning system that supports PreK-3rd grade coherence.
Our early learning vision and strategies include guiding Alameda County early learning leaders in further development, and for other districts, launching a cohesive early learning system that contributes to narrowing the achievement gap of our youngest learners. Our vision is that every district is prepared to provide quality programming, curriculum, and activities so that children thrive during the pre-kindergarten to transitional kindergarten/kindergarten years. We support cross-grade level and cross-sector events that formalize decision-making roles and responsibilities; and through a strategic plan grounded in evidence-based practice, we work to address the achievement gap and improve outcomes for our youngest learners.
In the 2022-23 school year, we will continue to provide leadership representation, advocate for equitable, sound classroom practices, and host and facilitate virtual, and when we are able, in-person professional learning opportunities to bring our vision closer to fruition.
Early Learning also supports and includes representation at the local, regional and state level for those serving the 0-5 population through the Quality Rating Improvement System known as Quality Counts.
Our professional development opportunities include:
- Building the capacity of early educators in districts and community-based early learning programs to serve children with special needs, and their families.
- Implementing Equity Practices and Anti-bias Education in Early Learning Settings
- Supporting Multilingual Learners
- The Power of Play
For additional information related to Early Learning initiatives and resources visit:
- Alameda County Inclusive Early Education Expansion Program (IEEEP)
- California Preschool Learning Foundations
- Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) - Quality Counts Alameda County
- Quality Counts Alameda Workforce Pathways Program
- The Alameda County Early Care and Education Planning Council
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten
Edirle Menezes, Ph.D.Director,
Early Learning(510) email@example.com
There are no upcoming events to display.