Clear Administrative Credential Program
ACOE's Clear Induction program meets the new California Commission for Teacher Credentialing (CTC) guidelines for the Clear Administrative Services Credential. This replaces the Tier II program.
As of July 1, 2015, all administrators seeking to clear their Preliminary Administrative Services Credential must now do so by completing a two-year CTC approved induction program. Previous programs and pathways to the clear credential no longer exist.
Who Should Participate?
Current administrators who possess a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential and are in a position requiring an administrative credential are eligible to apply. Any new administrators hired by districts must enroll in a Clear Induction Administrative Credential Program within 30 days of employment.
What is the Clear Induction (formerly Tier II)?
The Clear Administrative Services Credential Induction Program provides candidates an individualized induction experience based on the context of their leadership role, including one-on-one coaching by an experienced administrator. Candidates participate in an ongoing formative assessment, professional development seminars, and job-alike professional learning communities designed to grow the knowledge, skills, and dispositions that are essential for successful administrative leadership. The ACOE Clear Induction program does not require you to attend classes; all meetings are at your site.
Complete this interest form for the Clear Administrative Services Induction Program and we will contact you directly with next steps.
- The cost of the two-year program is $3,500 per year payable to ACOE.
- $1000/year payable to "Association for California School Administrators"
- Tuition is the responsibility of the candidate. Reimbursement and/or financial assistance is at the discretion of the school district.
- Checklist for ACOE Clear Administrative Services Induction Program Candidates
- EDCAL induction article detailing program changes
- New program standards