The following resources are either robust unit or lesson plans that are aligned to the Common Core State Standards, or are resources that will help you align your lesson plans to the standards.
CCSS-Aligned Lessons and Units
- Supported by the International Literacy Association and the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), this website houses robust lesson plan materials.
- Achieve the Core: ELA/Literacy Lessons
- These lessons are designed to highlight the ELA/literacy Shifts and expectations of college- and career-ready standards.
- Louisiana Believes: K-12 ELA Planning Resources
- Each grade has its own guidebook; the page also includes a plethora of instructional strategies.
- Vermont Writing Collaborative
- This non-profit organization provides writing prompts and resources that help students construct meaning.
- Open source resource with CCSS-aligned curriculum for PK-12.
- A popular resource for complete, year-long curricula.
- Odell Education
- This resource aims to develop core proficiencies in students grades 6-12. Each grade level's units are based on the four proficiencies.
- NYC Department of Education: Curriculum Resources
- Visit this page to find robust unit plans, including Teaching to Transform and Educating Powerful Writers.
Leveled Reading Passages
These free resources all contain articles that can be filtered by reading level; some can also be filtered by standard. The provided questions are CCSS-aligned. You can track student progress on most.
- Literacy Design Collaborative (LDC)
- The Literacy Design Collaborative provides resources to help teachers create rich tasks and modules to use with their students.
Align Old Textbooks to the CCSS
- Achieve the Core: Basal Alignment Project
- View replacement lessons for basal readers developed prior to the CCSS.