Prepare for the CAST with the following resources:
- Latest Updates on CAASPP can be found here: CAASPP Update, Issue 223 (added 15-Sep-2017) California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) e-mail update, September 13, 2017.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
- Visit the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium page for the latest assessment news and resources.
CAST Testing Information
- CISC Science Assessment Updates - access the PowerPoint slides that have information and updates from CDE regarding the CAST Science Assessment.
- California Science Teachers Association - Assessment Updates
- CAST Practice Test
- 2017 CAST Pilot Assessment Fact Sheet (PDF) – Who, What, When, Why, and How
- View the CAST Informational Video (8:19) or download the video to learn more about CAST’s alignment to the California NGSS.
- 2017-2018: NGSS Assessment Field Test
- 2018-2019: NGSS Operational Assessment
- CAST Training Items Scoring Guide (PDF) (Updated 03/15/17)—Note: The purpose of the CAST training test is to introduce students and test administrators to new item types. This is the first generation of CAST training test; future versions will include corrections, new test items, and other improvements.
- California Alternate Assessment for Science
- This report establishes the accessibility guidelines used during the development of the CAST operational test.
- The California Alternate Assessment for Science is for students in grades five, eight, and high school identified for alternate assessment by an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- California School Dashboard
- Calfornia Model Five-by-Five Placement Reports & Data
- See how your district's schools are performing, by state indicator.
Achieve Evidence Statements by Grade Level
- Evidence of Learning Statements (Elementary School): Published by Achieve, NGSS Evidence Statements provide educators with additional detail on what students should know and be able to do.
- Evidence of Learning Statements (Middle School): Published by Achieve, NGSS Evidence Statements provide educators with additional detail on what students should know and be able to do.
- Evidence of Learning Statements (High School):Published by Achieve, NGSS Evidence Statements provide educators with additional detail on what students should know and be able to do.
- CAASPP contains California’s Smarter Balanced Assessment practice and training tests.
- NGSS Assessments Online from the Concord Consortium
- Click the "Try out the NGSS assessment items" button to see the items
- Stanford NGSS Assessment Project (SNAP) This site has up to date information about NGSS Assessments and professional development.
- NGSS Science Assessment (NGSA): Next Generation Science Assessment (NGSA) is a set of projects that are designing formative assessments for classroom use aligned with the NGSS
- Classroom Assessment Tasks- Achieve, November 2014
- Developing Assessments for the Next Generation Science Standards, NRC Committee Report, June 2014