for Alameda County pre-kindergarten (pre-K), transitional kindergarten (TK), and kindergarten (K) children ONLY, and the adults in their lives
Research shows that high-quality early childhood education promotes pathways to success, from preschool to college and career. For this reason, we are hosting our second annual family literacy event!
Our Storyland 2019 event has just passed. Please check back in the Spring of 2020 for our Storyland 2020 date!
Date/Time: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Session 1: 8:30 am–10:30 am
Session 2: 11:00 am–1:00 pm
Location: Alameda County Office of Education, 313 W. Winton Ave., Hayward
- Learn ready-to-use strategies to promote a love for reading and combat “summer slide” (when some skills learned during the year are forgotten)
- Receive resources on how to access free books through local libraries and online
Early learners will:
- Experience interactive read-alouds based on favorite stories--in English, Mandarin, and Spanish
- Receive books, book bags, and raffle prizes
Everyone will enjoy breakfast or lunch (depending on the session) on us!
Registration is required. Limit 2 adults per child; choose between Session 1 or 2.
Sign up at storyland2019.eventbrite.com.
- Check-in and Breakfast/Lunch
- Welcome and Interactive Songs
- Big Read (in English, Spanish, and Mandarin)
Questions? Contact Maria Vlahiotis
Program Director, Language & Literacy
firstname.lastname@example.org & 510-670-4239
Presented by CORE Learning, a department of the
Alameda County Office of Education
Supported by the David & Lucile Packard Foundation