Bilingual/Multilingual Learner Resources
Celebrate the gift of bilingualism with us by exploring the resources below.
For School Districts and Sites
- Familiarize yourself with the Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education (free digital version; print version)
- Peruse the presentation "Building and Strengthening Dual Language Programs: Foundations", presented at the Alameda County Office of Education in November 2018
Teachers and Parents
- Check out this overview on dual language instruction.
- Building upon students' home language skills is a quintessential building block to their English learning as well. Check out these tip sheets from Head Start, available in multiple languages, to truly understand the importance of and develop students' home language.
- These powerful guides from Reading Rockets empower families to become advocates and partners in their children's learning.
- Curious about what early literacy instruction in dual language preschools looks like? Karen Ford explains the pillars of Spanish/English education here.
- Learn why the home language is an English language learner's most valuable resource.