Equity and Social Justice Through Mathematics
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators: Collective actions for Equity
- National Council of Teachers in Mathematics:Call to Action and Position
- National Alliance of State Science and Mathematics Coalitions (NASSMC): Collective actions for Equity
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics: Position Paper
- MSPNet: List of website resources
- STEM for Equity: Article for Potential of Equity
- TODOS: Teaching for Excellence and Equity in Mathematics
CA Framework: “The purpose of this framework is to guide the curriculum development and instruction that teachers provide in their efforts to ensure that all students meet or exceed the CA CCSSM. The framework provides a context for implementing the standards in the form of guidelines for educators and developers of instructional materials. Building on the standards, the framework addresses how all students in California public schools can best meet the standards.”
- Where to Focus (by Grade Level and Course): A collection of documents regarding major work of each school year. Useful for instructional decisions regarding allotment of time and other resources.
- K-8 (Achieve the Core): PDFs outlining major, supporting, and additional clusters to be addressed in each grade level.
- Secondary Math Standards by Course (Traditional and Integrated): Appendix E from the CA Mathematics Framework breaks down the Higher Mathematics Standards by course (Traditional and Integrated Pathways). Useful for course planning and also vertical alignment within a site.
- College/Career Readiness Clusters and Standards (Achieve the Core): A subset of the Higher Mathematics “clusters and standards with relatively wide applicability across a range of postsecondary work” to support student success after high school graduation.
Mathematics Textbook Adoption
- Selection of Non-SBE Adopted K-12 Instructional Materials: Process Resources and Tools (CCSESA)
- Materials Analysis Tools from National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics.
- Matrix to Compare Textbooks: A Tool Comparing Curriculum in Areas of Focus & Coherence, Rigor & Path Practices, Alignment, and Usability
- California Department of Education: Instructional Materials Adoption (K-8) Links to Sites and Reports
- Reports on California Mathematics Curriculum as Reviewed by Edreports.org
Supporting English Language Learners Through Math
- Common Core Application of CCSS for ELLs: A supplemental guidefor support.
- ASCD: ELLs Count on Language Support in Math: Article Discussing Math Discourse
- CMC: Application of CCSS for EL. Document that addresses how Common Core Standards need to support English Learners.
- Council of Great City Schools:Publication on how Mathematics Should Attend to Language Learners
Supporting Students with Disabilities Through Math
- Core Standards: The CCSS publication addresses how the standards can apply to students with disabilities and their special needs, and ensures access
- CDE Adaptations of CCSS: Document that addresses how Common Core Standards need to support Students with Disabilities.
- Supports for Students with Disabilities in the Math in Common Districts: A WestEd Report.
Early Learning and Math
- Lawrence Hall of Science:Workshops offered to educators of Early learning.
- AMTE Preparation Teaching Standards for EL Educators
- NSF Smart Brief:Elaborations and examples describing the knowledge, skills, dispositions, and actions that well-prepared beginning Early Childhood mathematics teachers need to develop.
- Myths of Early Math: Article discussing STEM research and teaching ideas for early learners.
- List of Resources for Teachers and Families of Early Learning compiled by West Ed.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Visit the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium page for the latest assessment news and resources.
- SBA Content Specifications (Claims - Targets - Standards Alignment)
- Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project (UC San Diego) MDTP diagnostic tests are used by teachers to inform and enhance their classroom teaching practices; departments and schools use MDTP diagnostic tests to collectively shape instruction, assessment, support and intervention, and policy
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP): Access to Practice/Training Tests, Administration and Reporting Options.
- California School Dashboard See how your individual district or school is performing on the state indicators.
- Calfornia Model Five-by-Five Placement Reports & Data See how your district's schools are performing, by state indicator.