Information & Resources
Public Health Resources
Do Your Part to Stop the Spread
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
Recommendations from the California Department of Public Health:
- Stay home except for essential needs/activities.
- Practice physical distancing – stay 6 feet away from people.
- Wear a cloth face mask if you leave home.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. If surfaces are dirty, clean them using detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow or a tissue. Wash hands afterwards.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home and away from people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- If you smoke or vape, consider quitting. Smoking and vaping causes harm to the lungs.
- Follow guidance from public health officials.
In Alameda County, members of the public are required to wear face coverings when around people outside of their household by order of the Alameda County Health Officer. Find more information and resources from ACPHD on face coverings here.
Community and Family Resources
Alameda County residents apply via Catholic Charities East Bay
How to request medical/health equipment and other supplies (for cities, community partners, county agencies/departments, schools, special districts, transit agencies, and unincorporated areas)
Source: Protecting Immigrant Families
Para apoyar a las familias y estudiantes, muchas personas y organizaciones compilaron listas de recursos para apoyar a las familias en todos los distritos, condados, estados y en todo el país. Queríamos compartir algunos de los recursos que encontramos para apoyar a las familias mientras intentamos frenar la propagación de COVID-19.