ELA/ELD Distance Learning Resources
In light of school closures due to recent health concerns, we have compiled a list of the best distance learning resources for language and literacy, for teachers, parents and students from preschool through twelfth grade.
ACOE'S Supporting English Learners During Distance Learning Webinar Series
- Session 1 (11/19/20): Best Practices for Supporting English Learners During Distance Learning (Slides, Video)
- Session 2 (12/8/20): Partnering with Parents of English Learners During Distance Learning - COMING SOON!
General Resources, ELA/ELD
Please note that these lists are still in progress and we will add more resources as we find and vet them. Access distance learning resources for the following grade bands:
Integrated and Designated ELD Lesson Plans for Distance Learning
- Designated ELD
- Kern County Superintendent of Schools' Designated ELD Modules
- Integrated ELD
- San Diego COE's Distance Learning Units of Study (Integrated)
- Riverside COE's Integrated Distance Learning and Social Emotional Learning Lessons
ELD Planning for Teachers and Administrators
- Colorín Colorado's Distance Learning for ELLs: Planning Instruction
- Louisiana DOE's Supporting English Learners (ELs) During Distance Learning
- Webinars on Supporting ELs During Distance Learning: WestEd, Tulare COE, EL RISE!)
- Teachers--take a pulse! Are your lessons working for your English learners?
- Do's and Don'ts of Distance Learning for ELs
- Teaching Multilingual Learners Online
- High-level guidance for district administrators
- Designated and Integrated ELD "Look Fors" for Coaches, Administrators
We have also constructed an ELA Lesson Plan Template with ENGLISH LEARNER and SPECIAL EDUCATION considerations for teachers to use during distance learning, as well as a sample lesson plan that utilizes the template.