Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Programs
The FACE program delivers professional development. coaching training and technical assistance to a network of educational and parental leaders and community members to build family, school, and community partnerships across Alameda County.
Family Engagement Resources
A clearinghouse of research, tools, and resources for family and community engagement programs.
Family Engagement Network
The Family Engagement Network (FEN) provides a professional learning community engaging a cross sector of district & school leaders, educators, family engagement staff and service agencies to build equitable family, school, and community engagement programs, practices & policies across Alameda County.The FEN utilizes a strengths-based approach to learning and over 30 years of extensive research on family engagement, student achievement, racial equity, advocacy, and community organizing. The Network members attend monthly meetings and professional development workshops to learn, share, and expand their practice.
Research & Frameworks
Dual-Capacity Building Framework for Family-School Partnerships
Over 40 years of research linking the various roles that families play in a child’s education—as supporters of learning and development, encouragers of grit and determination, models of lifelong learning, and advocates of proper programming and placements for their child—with indicators of student achievement including student grades, achievement test scores, lower drop-out rates, students’ sense of personal competence and efficacy for learning, and students’ beliefs about the importance of education.
The Dual Capacity-Building Framework components include:
- a description of the capacity challenges that must be addressed to support the cultivation of effective home–school partnerships
- an articulation of the conditions integral to the success of family–school partnership initiatives and interventions
- an identification of the desired intermediate capacity goals that should be the focus of family engagement policies and programs at the federal, state, and local level
- a description of the capacity-building outcomes for school and program staff as well as for families
- California Department of Education Family Engagement Framework- English
- California Department of Education Family Engagement Framework- Spanish
Six Types of Parent Engagement Framework
A framework of six major types of involvement based on the results of many studies and from many years of work by educators and families in elementary , middle and high schools. The framework helps educators develop more comprehensive programs of school and family partnerships. The six types of involvement are: parenting, communicating, volunteering, learning at home, decision making and collaborating with community.
Local Control Funding Formula/ Local Control Accountability Plan
Each year school districts, along with their stakeholders (parents, students, teachers, union groups, and community members), review progress on the implementation of the current Actions, Programs, and Services that are identified in their Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP). When necessary, they work to revise the Plan to better reflect current and changing needs that will best serve all students, specifically low-income, English Language Learners, and Foster youth.
- California Dashboard for School Performance
- California PTA One Pager-English
- California PTA One Pager- Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions-English
- Frequently Asked Questions-Spanish
- California School Board Association LCFF Toolkit
Immigration Legal Information and Assistance
Alameda County Immigration Legal and Education Partnership is a hot line to use for anyone who would like to report ICE activity or who has been detained. This number is available 24 hours a day. The number to call is: 510-241-4011. They are able to serve people in multiple languages.
FREE IMMIGRATION LEGAL CLINICS
Speak to an attorney about your immigration needs or concerns!
CLINICAS LEGALES DE INMIGRACIÓN GRATUITAS
CONSULTE CON UN ABOGADO ACERCA DE SUS NECESIDADES O PREOCUPACIONES DE INMIGRACION