ALIGNMENT BAY AREA
WHY ALIGNMENT BAY AREA?
We need to work differently.
The Alameda County Office of Education is incubating a collective impact initiative bringing together leaders of industry, school districts, colleges, labor and community organizations to integrate and transform systems to achieve these desired outcomes:
Youth have the support they need.
Students are college and career ready and able to succeed in the future.
Everyone in our community earns at least a family-living wage.
Our community is well: mentally, physically, and economically.
Create aligned networks that provide equity, opportunity, and inclusion for every student in the Bay Area so that they will have a family sustaining wage by the time they are 25.
The Bay Area needs a larger local talent pipeline and young people in the region need support in attaining family-sustaining incomes.
Business, community and education organizations are not coordinated together in building and growing a regional college and career readiness system.
The strategies and approaches that are in place around college and career readiness are not aligned nor able to scale.
Desired Outcomes Include:
• Create a backbone organization that sustainably coordinates college and career readiness.
• Design college and career readiness efforts with the region's workforce needs.
• Bring leaders across sectors together, and craft and hold a common vision for aligning resources.
• Cross system integration
• Seamless pathways to college and career
• Quality regional work-based learning and industry engagement for students
• Community health, wealth, and prosperity