Student Meal Services in Alameda County
Schools and community organizations across Alameda County will continue to provide student meals throughout the summer. Find locations and schedules for children to receive free nutritious meals on the California Department of Education's 2021 Summer Meal Service Sites webpage.
When picking up meals, please practice social distancing and wear face coverings.
Child Nutrition staff serve our students and communities with distinction, year after year. During the pandemic, their efforts have been particularly selfless and heroic. ACOE extends our gratitude to these amazing employees for their service.
Food Assistance in Alameda County
Please visit providers' website for current hours, services.
Serving All of Alameda County
- Alameda County Food Bank
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Residents can find information about food distributions near them by calling 1-510-635-3663 or visiting http://foodnow.net
- Llame a la línea de comida al número: 1-800-870-3663 o al 1-510-635-3663 y oprima el 2, o visite comidaahora.net
- El horario de la línea de comida es de lunes a viernes, de las 9 de la mañana a las 4 de la tarde.
- County of Alameda COVID-19 Food Distribution & Services Map
- 211 Alameda County
- Call 2-1-1 or text 898211 for information, services available
- Text "coronavirus" or "COVID19" to 211211 for information on how the illness spreads, prevention tips & more
- Alameda County Food Pantry
- Click here to complete survey. Volunteers will call to verify before delivering food.
- California Association of Food Banks
- Find food banks by zip code
- Meals on Wheels
- For individuals 60 years of age or older who are unable to shop for food or prepare meals for themselves and do not receive help from a reliable caregiver.
- Area Agencies on Aging Senior Meal Program
- For individuals 60 years of age or older in Alameda County, call 510-577-3530 to request home delivery of food by volunteers.
North County (Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Piedmont)
- Berkeley Food Network (BFN) ON-SITE PANTRY
- Location: 1925 Ninth St., Berkeley
- BFN’s OnSite Pantry is open to Berkeley and Albany residents only.
- Urban Adamah Free Farmstand
- Location: Urban Adamah 1151 Sixth St., Berkeley
- Berkeley Food Pantry
- Location: 1600 Sacramento St., Berkeley
Central County (San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Hayward, Castro Valley)
- South Hayward Parish- Emergency Food Pantry
- 27287 Patrick Ave., Hayward
- Monday-Friday, 1:30-4:30pm
- Short term food supplies available for individuals/families in need of assistance. Call the Food Distribution Coordinator at (510) 785-FOOD(3663) for assistance.
- Davis Street
- 3081 Teagarden Street, San Leandro
- All Saints Episcopal Church Food Pantry at the Neighborhood Center
- Location: 911 Dowling Blvd, San Leandro
- Eden United Church of Christ (Oliver Hall)
- 21425 Birch St., Hayward
- Food Pantry on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 1:30-4:30pm, or as supplies last
- Call Mark at 510-582-9533, Monday-Friday, for an appointment to pick up groceries.
- Hayward Seventh Day Adventist Spanish Church
- 22117 Meekland Ave, Hayward
- Wednesdays, 7:00am-12:00pm, or until food runs out
- Elmhurst Learning Center/Church
- 380 Elmhurst St, Hayward, CA 94544
- Wednesdays, 11:00am-1:00pm
- Dig Deep Farms
- Food Farmacy: 2700 Fairmont Drive, San Leandro
- Fridays, 1:00-3:00pm
South County (Union City, Newark, Fremont)
- Alameda County Food Bank