Youth Action Summit, May 3 2017
A recognition of the work and effort by young people to make safer, healthier, and more equitable communities across Alameda county. This is a free event sponsored by Project Eat, Alameda County Office of Education.
May 3, 2017 • 3:30pm - 7:30pm
Laney College Bistro • 900 Fallon St., Oakland, California
A gathering of youth activists, artists, and advocates for a brighter future!
- Meet other young people committed to social justice action and hear inspirational stories
- Learn about different communities and celebrate diversity
- Share activities, information, games, and a great meal
Transportation to Laney College
- Laney College is located one block Lake Merritt BART station.
- Laney College is accessible by AC Transit with the following bus lines:
- This event will be held in the Bistro which is on the ground level of the campus next to the swimming pools in the E complex.
The Youth Action Summit is designed and led by youth. We ask that every group that participates bring an activity, information, or game they would like to share with youth from other communities. After youth get a chance to listen to each other, we will close the event with a delicious communal meal.
For more information about this event, contact
Shamia Sandles, Youth Development Specialist