• AB 104 Changing 2020-2021 Letter Grades to "Pass" or "No Pass"

    Assembly Bill (AB) 104 (Chapter 41/2021) includes several provisions to address student learning loss that occurred during the 2020-2021 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

    AB 104 authorizes parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in a high school course during the 2020-2021 school year (or students if 18 years old or older) to request a grade change. Eligible individuals may apply to the district to change the letter grade on the student transcript to Pass or No Pass. Districts are not allowed to limit the number or type of courses eligible for the grade change, and the grade change cannot negatively impact a student's grade point average.

    The application to request a grade change can be found HERE or can be obtained in the school office.

    Some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

    The list of postsecondary educational institutions that will accept Pass or No Pass grades on the student's transcript for admission purposes can be found HERE.